	From: Mary Ellen Zurko
[mailto:Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com]
	Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 8:14 AM
	To: Close, Tyler J.
	Cc: public-wsc-wg@w3.org
	Subject: RE: Update PII editor proposal text

	> >   "Selecting the provided option sends an email to the
technical
	> contact for the
	> > hostname." - this seems to call for some support at the
server or
	> protocol level. How
	> > is the technical contact found?
	>
	> whois lookup of the technical contact

	I suspect that wouldn't work on enterprise owned server. I just
tried to do it myself, but couldn't figure out how (surely Verio does
not own www-1.ibm.com). If you can teach me (perhaps offlist) how to do
this, I'd like to do it for an external and an internal server, to see
if the results are meaningful. (as an aside, I'd be shocked if they
were, since I've just gone through a long internal search to find a
truly responsible party for an issue with an externally facing web
site).
	        Mez