PadlockIconMisuse (Re: Use cases in Note)

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 17:08:17 -0500
To: "Close, Tyler J." <tyler.close@hp.com>
Cc: public-wsc-wg@w3.org

On 2007-01-18 19:03:28 -0600, Close, Tyler J. wrote:

> http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/wiki/PadlockIconMisuse

> There's a lot of content here, but I'm not sure what we can do with it
> in the Note, due to the restrictions on our use of trademarks.

You may be reading a too strong statement into my earlier message.

I said I'd recommend against talking about trademarks.  That doesn't
equal "we can't use them at all."  Ultimately, if there are strong
reasons to do so, I can check with our legal folks.

Looking through this "use case" (it's more of a problem description,
and I don't think it should go into the use cases section), I
believe that it should be possible to describe the basic patterns
that we criticize, and then just say that ths has been empirically
observed with this or that business community.