RE: Updated SSO & Federated Identity use cases

Yes, the identity "cards" may be stored locally and there is a trust
relationship between a card (a certain representation of a digital
identity) and the relying party. The collection of cards represents
multiple and different trust relationships between a user and relying
parties.

The user is responsible for picking the appropriate identity when
challenged by a relying party. I agree with Hal that after that the
sequence is very similar to the use cases 1-3 i.e. a token request is
issued to IdP, etc.

I think the following link explains one of the implementations
(CardSpace) better than I do:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnlong/
html/IntroInfoCard.asp
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnlong