Re: What is a secure page?

From: Mary Ellen Zurko <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 10:43:47 -0500
Cc: "public-wsc-wg@w3.org" <public-wsc-wg@w3.org>
To: ses@ll.mit.edu
I am at a loss. Can you provide display examples? Or a better statement of
a guiding principle in the area (even better).

Mary Ellen Zurko, STSM, IBM Lotus CTO Office       (t/l 333-6389)
Lotus/WPLC Security Strategy and Patent Innovation Architect

"Stuart E. Schechter" <ses@ll.mit.edu>
Sent by: public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org
01/08/2007 10:34 AM

"public-wsc-wg@w3.org" <public-wsc-wg@w3.org>

Re: What is a secure page?

> From: Mary Ellen Zurko <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>
> I propose this as a design principle -
> absent any understandable scoping indicators, users will assume that any
> and all security context information displayed applies to everything in
> the browser.

   The modern browser may contain multiple tabs.  By this logic, security
context information applies to all tabs.  Was that your intent?

   (Who as a result of this email is now wondering why my browser doesn't
put a lock icon in the tabs of secure sites.)