	From: public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Doyle, Bill
	Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 7:22 PM
	To: Brad Porter; Chuck Wade
	Cc: public-wsc-wg@w3.org
	Subject: RE: Action-146: Starting up a new thread on "future
proofing" WSC's recommendations

	Chuck,

	 I am glad this was picked up by the WG and you were able to
articulate the need.

	M2C - Even though web service functionality is being embedded
into all kinds of devices and new systems, the embedded capability can
impersonate the user or user identity enabling the reuse of existing
security context currently available. We will need to expand the
security context because additional protocols are used like Secure
Real-Time Protocol (SRTP), SIP also has security capabilities built in
and I am sure the WG will run into others.

	The virtual phone can have chrome
	devices like IP phones can have X.509 certs and can use PKI
infrastructure.

	Bill Doyle