Re: Action-146: Starting up a new thread on "future proofing" WSC's recommendations

I think this is incredibly insightful.  I look at the rapid growth of
voice, mobile, and desktop widgets all being powered by the "browser"
metaphor without the traditional browser.

The biggest challenge, I see, however, is that the trust relationship
still goes from user->user agent->content.  So we still need to figure
out what bits the user can trust and how they're going to get presented.

I think this also brings us back to asking the question -- what actions
really require security context information?  The only cases I've heard
so far are as follows:

    1) Establishing that you are submitting your information to the
    party you intended

    2) Establishing that the information you received or are sending is
    "confidential" between you and the third-party

    3) Establishing privilege when a site wants to access "privileged
    resources" outside of the typical sandbox

(arguably #1 is a subproblem of #3)

I'll again observe that I think these can be solved as part of the
active-task-flow instead of part of the passive-browser-context and
therefore can be made far more robust and work far better across
different user agents.

Brad