Re: "Chrome"

I like Thomas's suggestion of "user agent" instead of browser or
application and would propose amending my two definitions below to use
user agent.  The two definitions become:

user agent UI elements:  the user interface elements specified by the
browser implementor
markup UI elements:  the user interface elements specified by the web page

--Brad