Re: Merits of the status quo

On 12-Feb-07, at 9:38 PM, Close, Tyler J. wrote:

> At the f2f, there was some discussion of the need for a section
> discussing the merits of the status quo. I've put in a start on such a
> section at:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/drafts/note/Overview.html#merits
>
> I am soliciting additional entries for this section.

Dunno if you want to include something about recently added anti-
phishing filters (IE7, Firefox 2, Opera 9, Safari 2) or the existence
of password managers which help users and also promote a subtle
signal of security (ie: only letting you get your saved password for
sites you've been to before). Both are "better than nothing"
approaches, so I don't know if they qualify as "merits" :)

cheers,
mike