ACTION-318: Draft a new subsection to section 7 discussing the mixing of trusted/untrusted information in the UI

Saw that this was stored in my drafts folder - thought it was sent out
last week.

I have a question on what fields are considered trusted or the WSC
considers trusted in a standard issued x.509 certificate.

Several fields are mandatory and are part of the signature, these
fields are noted below.

1. Name
2. Issuer name
3. Serial number
4. validity interval

I am having a problem stating that any of the data in a standard X.509
cert besides what is provided by the CA is trusted (the CA can probably
be tracked down). The process to obtain a standard X.509 certificates
does not have inherent mechanisms to trust item 1

In EV certificates, the specification notes that the subject Identity
has gone through a verification process. Because EV documents the
identity verification process, seems that an EV identity can be
considered trusted information.

I can write a note that only trusted information is included in secure
UI - When should WSC consider information trusted?

Thx
Bill D.

discussing the mixing of trusted/untrusted information in the UI

	Thanks!