Re: straw poll: Is page info summary a non-Goal?

Maybe yes, maybe no. I'd need the whole scenario to figure it out, since I
usually ask her a sequence of questions.

Re: straw poll: Is page info summary a non-Goal?

Serge Egelman
to:
Mary Ellen Zurko
08/22/2007 10:50 AM

Cc:
Timothy Hahn, public-wsc-wg

Out of curiosity, if a page is spoofing chrome to make a fake Page Info
Summary appear, would your mother be able to explain this over the phone?

I'd be up for leaving it in if someone could suggest a way around this
problem.  Though, I don't think one exists.

serge

Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:

> Which one(s) do you believe Page Info Summary maps to,Tim?
>
> My favorite potential use case of Page Info Summary is, I think, not in
> wsc-usecases, though is related to the "helping others" type scenarios
> being discussed in ISSUE-83. My mother follows a link in a mail message,
> which takes her somewhere, and she's confused. Is it where she thought
> it would be? She calls me. I ask her questions. If it's a PII Editor Bar
> or TBM world, I can ask her questions just about what she sees or what
> she wants to do. But if it's a "display only" scenario (or her PII has
> changed, or it's not a trusted site to begin with), I (may) need more
> information, and would ask her about Page Info Summary.
>
>           Mez
>

> *RE: straw poll: Is page info summary a non-Goal?*
>

> *Timothy Hahn *                to:             public-wsc-wg
> 08/21/2007 08:09 AM
>

> Sent by:               *public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org*

> Hi all,
>
> I prefer to leave it in.
>
> I believe that Page Info Summary is in line with our Goal (2.3) of
> "Consistent presentation of security information".  Further, while one
> reading of our non-goal (3.1) "Presentation of all security information"
> might at first appear to cause Page Info Summary to be considered out of
> scope, I recall that we placed emphasis on the word "all" in this
> non-goal, so as not to be presumptuous that we were all-knowing or would
> ever be so.  Also, in the description of that non-goal (3.1), we state
> that our recommendations should map to use cases.  I believe Page Info
> Summary does map to a number of our use cases.
>
> Regards,
> Tim Hahn
> IBM Distinguished Engineer
>
> Internet: hahnt@us.ibm.com
> Internal: Timothy Hahn/Durham/IBM@IBMUS
> phone: 919.224.1565     tie-line: 8/687.1565
> fax: 919.224.2530
>

> From:          "Dan Schutzer" <dan.schutzer@fstc.org>
> To:            "'Johnathan Nightingale'" <johnath@mozilla.com>, "'Close,
Tyler J.'"

--
/*
Serge Egelman

PhD Candidate
Vice President for External Affairs, Graduate Student Assembly
Carnegie Mellon University

Legislative Concerns Chair
National Association of Graduate-Professional Students
*/