RE: ISSUE-97: Should logotypes be tied to EVcertificates?[Techniques]

Thanks for this clarification.  I was afraid we were going down the PKI
rabbit hole. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Roessler [mailto:tlr@w3.org]
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 9:38 AM
To: McCormick, Mike
Cc: public-wsc-wg@w3.org; Palmer, Pete; Pelton, Douglas S.; Drucker,
Peri
Subject: Re: ISSUE-97: Should logotypes be tied to
EVcertificates?[Techniques]

On 2007-08-13 09:30:36 -0500, michael.mccormick@wellsfargo.com
wrote:

> However I don't think WSC has the charter to define what "EV-like"
> means;

There needs to be some definition of what "the kind of certificate that
triggers EV-like behavior" actually is, and that's what I think is in
scope.  Preferably, that definition isn't more than two or three
sentences, with a reference or two.

I don't really care what label we stick to these things, and I was not
suggesting that we start writing up certification practices.