RE: DNSSEC indicator

I think we are approaching this from the wrong angle.

Clearly DNSSEC is a feature that we need to address since it is an IETF standard that is planned for deployment within the period the recommendation is intended to be current. Not mentioning it would be rude.

There are two questions to ask here, first how many security indicators can users cope with, second what level of security indicator does DNSSEC deserve?

If the answer to the first question is essentially binary, secure/not secure then DNSSEC alone is not going to cut it.

I suspect that we end up with three levels: no indicator, padlock, enhanced. I don't think that DNSSEC alone justifies a padlock either, not unless we somehow achieve a key exchange and encrypt the link.

There are important uses for DNSSEC, presenting a browser security indicator is not one of them. I can well imagine future security profiles that might require DNSSEC.