From: Chuck Wade [mailto:Chuck@Interisle.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 6:36 PM
To: McCormick, Mike
Cc: public-wsc-wg@w3.org; Jim Youll
Subject: Re: FW: sitekey auth busted on BoA site

Mike, et al,

While it is interesting that new exploits have been demonstrated of the
PassMark (a.k.a., SiteKey) authentication scheme, it is worth noting that
Jim Youll published a paper last summer that described an actual attack
methodology that was demonstrated. The paper is available at:

    <http://cr-labs.com/publications/index.html>
<http://cr-labs.com/publications/index.html>

I mention this since I still feel that Jim's paper is a thoughtful analysis
that goes beyond mere discussion of potential exploits and attempts to
derive useful lessons. It's worth reading, not because it finds some chinks
in somebody's armor, but because it looks at the larger picture, including
the role of marketing.

...Chuck

   Chuck Wade, Principal
   Interisle Consulting Group