Re: ACTION-149: FSTC's list of authentication techniques (BMA taxonomy)

From: Mary Ellen Zurko <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 17:48:13 -0400
Cc: public-wsc-wg@w3.org
To: "Chuck Wade <Chuck" <Chuck@Interisle.net>
Really nice.

What is "flash" as an object on a computer that can authenticate?

Some of these I didn't realize were deployed methods of (primary)
authentication (tagging, risk analysis).

          Mez

Mary Ellen Zurko, STSM, IBM Lotus CTO Office       (t/l 333-6389)
Lotus/WPLC Security Strategy and Patent Innovation Architect

Chuck Wade <Chuck@Interisle.net>
Sent by: public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org
03/27/2007 09:38 PM

public-wsc-wg@w3.org
cc

Subject
ACTION-149: FSTC's list of authentication techniques (BMA taxonomy)

Folks,

I just wanted to confirm to everyone on this list that I did post the
file from FSTC that provides a pretty comprehensive listing of
authentication techniques that are in use today--the "BMA Taxonomy." In
doing so, I also set up a "Document Repository" page on the WSC Wiki
that others may find useful as a place to share documents (when public
links are not available).

Under this Document Repository is a section for FSTC Contributed
Documents at this link:

<http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/wiki/DocsRepository/FSTC_Contributed_Documents

You'll find a sub-page with a brief description of the BMA Taxonomy, and
an Excel workbook attached. The first section of the Taxonomy sheet in
this workbook is a hierarchical listing of authentication techniques.

...Chuck
--
   Chuck Wade, Principal