action item closure protocol

On 2006-11-20 17:03:19 -0600, Close, Tyler J. wrote:

> Am I supposed to close an Action item assigned to me, or does a
> moderator do that? Are there any actions I can take on an Action
> item, other than posting to this mailing list?

After a bit of discussion with MEZ, let's do the following:

- When you act on action item, report about it on the public list.
  Make sure you mention ACTION-NN in your message, so the message is
  recognized by tracker.

- When actions are done or overdue, they get onto the agenda of the
  next conference call, usually as part of a topic-driven agendum
  (as opposed to "action item review").  They are closed on the
  call, or due dates are adjusted.