RE: Reminder, Introduce Yourself

From: Close, Tyler J. <tyler.close@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 17:35:00 -0600
To: <public-wsc-wg@w3.org>

I met many of you at the f2f last week in New York, but for reference...

My name is Tyler Close. I am a scientist at HP Labs in Palo Alto,
working in the Mobile and Media Systems Lab. I've been paying particular
attention to security since 1998, when I became a contributor to the E
project <http://www.erights.org/>. In the time since then, I've worked
on a number of security problems, many of which directly interacted with
human users. Most recently, I worked on Polaris, a tweak to the Windows
GUI to protect users from viruses. (See "Polaris: Virus Safe Computing
for Windows XP"; Communications of the ACM; September 2006.) I was the
first to apply the petname technique to the phishing problem. A
rudimentary implementation is available at
<https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/957/>. I've also done a lot of work
on implementing access-control in web applications
<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8799856896828158583>.

Now I seem to have a number of action items to work through... ;) Glad
to be working with all of you.

Tyler