From: public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Mike Beltzner
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 6:51 AM
To: McCormick, Mike
Cc: public-wsc-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: Browser security warning

On 28-Dec-06, at 1:14 AM, <michael.mccormick@wellsfargo.com> wrote:

> Do we want to make the WWW safe enough for your grandmother to use and

> understand?  Or do we want to make it a playground for techno elites
> only?

I'm pretty sure this group exists for the creation of a more usable set
of metaphors and primitives around understanding one's security online,
and that nobody was suggesting that the warning messages you forwarded
were appropriate for end users. This sort of rhetoric doesn't help us
move forward.

cheers,
mike