From: public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Timothy Hahn
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:41 AM
To: public-wsc-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: Note In Scope

Hi,

I'm ok with the below except for the statemetn about "what reputation
services think about that source" part.

While I agree personally that this group has consider how such
information should factor in, I don't think it needs to be surfaced
here.

Also,

s%organization to which that belongs%organization to which that
name/site/address belongs%

Regards,
Tim Hahn

Internet: hahnt@us.ibm.com
Internal: Timothy Hahn/Durham/IBM@IBMUS
phone: 919.224.1565     tie-line: 8/687.1565
fax: 919.224.2530

Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Sent by: public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org

12/19/06 07:13 AM

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>

cc
"Close, Tyler J." <tyler.close@hp.com>, public-wsc-wg@w3.org

Subject
Re: Note In Scope

On 2006-12-19 12:11:38 +0000, Stephen Farrell wrote:

> It says: "A primary concern of this Working Group is the
> presentation of information identifying the host of a web
> resource."
>
> I'm not convinced that my mother would make much sense out of
> knowing that the WSC wiki is currently at 193.51.208.69, or even
> www.w3.org, so I'd like this abstracted a bit - user's really
> care more about the organisation with which they think they're
> interacting.
>
> So, I'd reword that to: "A primary concern of this Working Group
> is the presentation of information about the "source" of the web
> resources with which a user is interacting, e.g. the host DNS
> name or IP address, the name of the organisation to which that
> belongs, what reputation services think about that source, etc."
>
> I've not changed the wiki since I'm not really that happy with the
> suggested re-wording,

+1 to all of this.