Re: Widgets spec (ACTION-37)

Just as additional information for those who haven't used any of the
widget frameworks, many of the widgets fall into two categories:

1) Display of system information (battery meter, CPU usage, system time)
2) Display of information coming from a source on the internet (weather,
moon phase, number of unread web email messages)

User trust is usually determined at widget installation time instead of
at run-time.  Thus the required act of downloading and keeping a local
copy of that .zip.  That said, given the widget framework is a run-time
XML/JS interpreter and a widget is defined purely as XML and Javascript,
the packaging as a zip file is not strictly necessary from a technical
standpoint.

--Brad