Re: ACTION-9 (misuse/misappropriation of padlock icon)

On 21-Nov-06, at 12:09 PM, Michael(tm) Smith wrote:

> Example from George Staikos:
>   http://www.staikos.net/~staikos/isitencrypted.png
>   Login page for Air Canada site. No SSL/TLS, but note the padlock
>   icon and statement, "Your personal information is encrypted..."

   Actually I just wanted to clarify something on this.  That site
actually -does- use SSL, which is what is so humourous about it. They
purposely remove any indication the user has to truly verify the
identity of the site and security level, and then put in a false
indicator!

   There are endless examples of the false-padlock though.  No need
to continue listing. :-)

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/