Re: SA-WSDL Mapping Providers

Hi Jacek,

thanks for you explanation!

Jacek Kopecky wrote:
> the schema mapping annotations point directly to the mappings. The
> annotation doesn't give any information about the type of the mapping
> language, but in general, resolving the URI will give you enough
> information through metadata or the file itself.
What do you mean by "resolving the URI"? Would that mean that I need to
register all existing mapping URIs and map them to a tuple
(mapping_language, mapping_definition) in my SA-WSDL processor (i.e. a
local mapping registry)?

I personally would prefer to define this tuple directly in the SA-WSDL
liftingSchema attribute, since file type guessing is not as beautiful as
direct identification, isn't it? ;)

What do you think about adding a separate attribute for identifying the
mapping language or to merge both information into one URI?

> Can you please write me about how you use SAWSDL? I'd very much
> appreciate that. 8-)
I'm involved in FP6's SUPER. We're working on BPEL4SWS which enhances
BPEL with support for SWS. Since we need to preserve backward
compatibility, BPEL4SWS must understand data in both representations,
XML and WSML - therefore, process model interfaces are going to be
described using SA-WSDL with mapping hints so that the SA-WSDL
interpreter is able to transform data on demand between both
representations.

Cheers,
   Tammo

--
Tammo van Lessen
Institute of Architecture of Application Systems |Tel. (+49)711 7816 487