clarification issue: combining modelReference with attrExtensions/modelReference?

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@deri.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 21:20:16 +0100
To: SAWSDL public list <public-ws-semann@w3.org>

Hi all,
during the last call, I noticed that we don't seem to cover the case
when modelReference is used both on an element and on attrExtensions
within that element. Something like this:

<wsdl:operation modelReference="a">
  <sawsdl:attrExtensions modelReference="b"/>
</wsdl:operation>

This case only applies to our WSDL 1.1 support, as we forbid the use of
attrExtensions for SAWSDL in WSDL 2.0.

I would suggest the following additional text for section 3.1:

        When using the attrExtensions element for SAWSDL annotation
        attributes, the parent element of the attrExtensions element
        MUST NOT contain any SAWSDL annotation attributes.

Other options might include some kind of overriding or combining of the
annotations, but I think my suggested approach is the simplest and
should not introduce any inconvenience.

I'll log this as a last-call issue 2 and we can discuss it tomorrow at
the telcon.

Jacek