Re: Remarks regarding the schema

Dear Harald,

the WG discussed your comments and below are our resolutions:

On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 16:04 +0200, Harald Meyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had a closer look at the schema provided in the submission and I
> have some remarks regarding it:
>
> 1. At which WSDL version is the schema aimed?
>
>  From the text it seems that it is WSDL 2. But the schema only works
> with WSDL 1.1 as "documented" from WSDL 1.1 is referenced. In WSDL 2
> it is called "DocumentedType".
>
> so "documented" should either be "tDocumented" (WSDL 1.1) or
> "DocumentedType" (WSDL 2).

If the schema has to depend on the schema for any WSDL version, it must
be WSDL 2.0. However, it seems that our schema can be independent of
WSDL version.

> 2.
>
> Both precondition and effect are defined as restrictions of anyType:
>
> <element name="precondition">
>      <complexType>
>        <complexContent>
> 	<restriction base="anyType">
> 	  <attribute name="name" type="string" />
> 	  <attribute name="modelReference" type="anyURI" />
> 	  <attribute name="expression" type="string" />
> 	</restriction>
>        </complexContent>
>      </complexType>
> </element>
>
> But you only specify attributes. Hence, a restriction does not do
> anything. The following should work equally well:
>
> <element name="precondition">
>      <complexType>
> 	<attribute name="name" type="string" />
> 	<attribute name="modelReference" type="anyURI" />
> 	<attribute name="expression" type="string" />
>      </complexType>
> </element>

As mentioned before, preconditions and effects are not continued in
SAWSDL.

> 3.
>
> In section 4.5 Service Categorization you specify a category as follows:
>
> <element name="category" maxOccurs="unbounded">
>    <complexType>
>     <complexContent>
>       <extension base="wsdl:interface">
>        <attribute name="categoyname" type="NCName" use="required"/>
>        <attribute name="taxonomyURI" type="anyURI" use="required"/>
>        <attribute name="taxonomyValue" type="String" use="optional"/>
>        <attribute name="taxonomyCode" type="integer" use="optional"/>
>       </extension>
>      </complexContent>
>    </complexType>
> </element>
>
> This is different from the specification in the schema where
> extension base is "wsdl:documented" and not "wsdl:interface". I guess
> the error lies here with "wsdl:interface".

The inconsistency was indeed an error. The type of element category will
no longer extend any WSDL type, as that is not necessary.

> 4. minor bugs in the schema
> String -> string (line 11)
>
> 5. Usage of service categories with WSDL 1.1
> In WSDL 1.1 port types are extensions of
> "tExtensibleAttributesDocumented". Hence, it is not possible to add
> service categories to them. Maybe this should be mentioned in section
> 5 WSDL 1.1 Support

We opened issue 12 [1] and we will consider it when we discuss WSDL 1.1;
our main focus now is extending WSDL 2.0.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/issues/#x12

Thanks again,

Jacek Kopecký

--