SAWSDL and "effects"

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 18:06:27 -0400
To: Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@deri.org>, SAWSDL public list <public-ws-semann@w3.org>
Cc: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>

Jacek et al-
  the more I try to follow the discussions on this list, the more
convinced I am that I made a mistake not to pursue my objection and
fight for preconditions and effects.  In all the work we are doing in
my lab, and with our three industrial partners, we can't even get to
first base without at least being able to distinguish between
services that change the world (book buying) and those that don't
(asking the cost of a book).  I've started to chime in on a couple of
the discussion in this list and realized that my questions would
equate to expressing a need to make this kind of distinction (at
least), which is out of scope, so I have not pushed in.
  I am planning to pull my group out of the WG at this point, because
we cannot afford the participation without any of our needs being
addressed, but before doing so, I wanted to be absolutely sure I was
understanding correctly.
  -JH

--
Professor James Hendler			  Director
Joint Institute for Knowledge Discovery	  	  301-405-2696