Comment: wsdl20-rdf should canonicalize extension attributes

From: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:32:13 +0200
To: public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org
Cc: public-ws-semann@w3.org

On behalf of the Semantic Annotations of WSDL Working Group I wish to
comment that

extension attributes are represented as instances of the class
ExtensionAttribute, which in turn have a name (property attributeName
pointing to a QName) and a value (property rdf:value pointing to a
literal containing the attribute value).

loses the namespace and xml:base information needed for resolution of
QNames and relative URIs in the attribute value, as well as xml:lang
assignments which may be necessary for interpreting strings. I propose
the following strawman text (not endorsed by SAWSDLWG):

Each extension attribute is represented as an XML literal containing a
canonicalised representation of the entire extension XML attribute,
placed in an element with the namespace prefix
{http://www.w3.org/2006/07/quotedXML#} and the local name
{attrContainer}. For example, an attribute sawsdl:modelReference on an
Interface component could be serialized as:

|<iface7> rdf:type wsdf:InterfaceOperation .                              |
|<iface7> wsdl:extensionAttribute                                         |
|    "<quote:attrContainer xml:base="http://example.org/books/search/"    |
|        xmlns:wsdl="..." xmlns:sawsdl="..."                              |
|        xmlns:wsdf="http://www.w3.org/2006/07/quotedXML#" xmlns:foo="..."|
|        sawsdl:modelReference="../temrs#BookSearch"/>"^^rdf:XMLLiteral   |

See <http://www.w3.org/mid/20060707010138.GD14372@w3.org> for more
discussion of this.

home-office: +1.617.395.1213 (usually 900-2300 CET)
cell:       +

email address distribution.