Re: [Fwd: SAWSDL]

Jacek,

below is a specification of the merging mechanism I have in mind.

The algorithm can be defined as a recursive procedure. The external file
cannot add elements. It may just add attributes to elements that exist
in the original file. The first element in the target that matches the
current one in the source must be the good one.

Below is a Java like pseudo code for what I think can be a solution; I
hope my brain builtin compiler works fine...

class Xml {
 String tag;
 class Attribute {
  String name;
  String value;
 }
 Collection<Attribute> attributes;
 Vector<Xml> children;
 void addChild(Xml c){children.add(c.clone());}
 Xml getChild(int p){return children.elementAt(p);}
 int numChildren(){return children.size();}
 Xml(String tag,Collection<Attribute>c){
  this.tag=tag;
  children=new Vector();
  attributes=new Collection<Attribute>(c);
 }
 void copyAttributes(Collection<Attribute>v){
  for(Attribute att:v) attributes.add(v);
 }
 Xml clone(){/* recursive copy*/}
}

// in some other class:
Xml merge(Xml source, Xml target){
 if (source.tag!=target.tag) return null;
 //(may only occur at toplevel)
 Xml result=new Xml(target.tag,target.attributes);
 // now, this is where the merging occurs: attributes
 // in the source are added to those in the target
 // to build the result
 result.copyAttributes(source.attributes);
 for(int s=0,t=0;s<source.numChildren();s++,t++){
  while(source.getChild(s).tag!=target.getChild(t).tag){
   result.addChild(target.getChild(t));
   t++;
   if(t==target.numChildren())return null;
   // means that we have exhausted target
   // and not succeeded to match current
   // node in source
  }
  // now we have matching tags
  // this is where recursion occurs
  Xml aux=merge(source.getChild(s),target.getChild(t));
  if (aux==null)return null;
  //(merging failed somewhere below,
  //propagate failure upwards)
  result.addChild(aux);
 }
 // now copy trailing elements in target
 for(;t<target.numChildren();t++){
  result.addChild(target.getChild(t));
 }
 return result;
}

You may have noticed that the test for node equality could be refined to
incorporate comparisons of the "name" attributes and possibly other non
SAWSDL extension attributes. But this does not change the algorithm
structure or flavor, so I left it as is for simplicity.

Again, I hope this is correct.

Cheers,
Laurent

Jacek Kopecky a écrit :
> Hi Laurent,
>
> while the section on component designator URIs is non-normative, it's as
> good as it's gonna get. The WS-Description WG (or some other) will
> produce a document (also non-normative) that presents the same kind of
> URIs for WSDL 1.1. And the XML Schema WG is going to propose the same
> kind of URIs for XML Schema components.
>
> But regarding your concern that our work might collapse in the light of
> these URIs and RDF, but we still do define three particular annotations
> (XML attributes, RDF properties) and their meaning on various
> components, that is not going away whatever way we actually write them
> down (and whether it's inlined or external).
>
> I'm concerned about your proposal of partial WSDLs that we would have to
> specify exactly the merging process and that this would lead to a number
> of rat holes... It certainly wouldn't work if your partial WSDL just
> imported the original one - there would be conflicts - the WSDL 2.0 spec
> would stand in the way of such a simple solution.
>
> Do you care to specify the merging mechanism?
>
> Best regards,
> Jacek
>
> On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 10:07 +0100, Laurent Henocque wrote:
>> Thanks Holger for the link and comments.
>> Well, looking at examples C-1 and C-2, it seems that the bug free use of
>> these iris requires some level of practical skills...
>> I also notice that the section is non normative, and that the uris
>> introduce further vocabulary (interfaceOperation,
>> interfaceMessageReference, ...)
>>
>> Cheers
>> Laurent
>>
>> Holger Lausen a écrit :
>>> Hi Laurent,
>>>
>>> More info on WSDL components URIs:
>>> http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl20/#wsdl-iri-references
>>> "This appendix provides a syntax for IRI-references for all components
>>> found in a WSDL 2.0 document." As far as I understood Jacek, there is a
>>> WG defining the same for wsdl1.1 and XSD, but we would need to check this.
>>>
>>> With respect to your previous proposal, what I like is that it provides
>>> the potential to help the processor to resolve Resources. A major
>>> problem I suspect when only using external RDF triples is that a
>>> processor might have trouble resolving the document for some given
>>> namespace.
>>>
>>> Say you want annotate WSDL A, so you create WSDL B, which simply imports
>>> WSDL A and repeats the components where annotation are requied (or
>>> inlines some RDF). Similar applicable to XSD.
>>>
>>> best
>>>   Holger

Laurent Henocque
Maître de Conférences Hdr / Associate Professor
Ecole Supérieure d'Ingénieurs de Luminy - Marseille
Laboratoire des Sciences de l'Information et des Systèmes - Marseille
tel: +33 6 83 88 20 01
http://laurent.henocque.free.fr
http://laurent.henocque.perso.esil.univmed.fr
http://www.lsis.org/~laurent_henocque.html

Clé publique open pgp / open pgp public key:
http://laurent.henocque.free.fr/0x987E183.pub.asc