Re: [Fwd: SAWSDL]

Thanks Holger for the link and comments.
Well, looking at examples C-1 and C-2, it seems that the bug free use of
these iris requires some level of practical skills...
I also notice that the section is non normative, and that the uris
introduce further vocabulary (interfaceOperation,
interfaceMessageReference, ...)

Cheers
Laurent

Holger Lausen a écrit :
> Hi Laurent,
>
> More info on WSDL components URIs:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl20/#wsdl-iri-references
> "This appendix provides a syntax for IRI-references for all components
> found in a WSDL 2.0 document." As far as I understood Jacek, there is a
> WG defining the same for wsdl1.1 and XSD, but we would need to check this.
>
> With respect to your previous proposal, what I like is that it provides
> the potential to help the processor to resolve Resources. A major
> problem I suspect when only using external RDF triples is that a
> processor might have trouble resolving the document for some given
> namespace.
>
> Say you want annotate WSDL A, so you create WSDL B, which simply imports
> WSDL A and repeats the components where annotation are requied (or
> inlines some RDF). Similar applicable to XSD.
>
> best
>   Holger
>
> Laurent Henocque wrote:
>> Thanks Holger for pointing out the existence of WSDL WG efforts
>> towards identifying specific WSDL elements with URIs and the
>> possibility to use RDF triples to bind extra annotations to existing
>> elements.
>>
>> To some extent, this situation lets our entire work on inlined SAWSDL
>> annotations collapse ;-). As I mentioned on the IRC during yesterday's
>> telcon, there are strong chances that external annotations become the
>> rule, not an exception (comparing with the evolution towards xhtml/css).
>>
>> Can  you give more insight on the range of WSDL components that will
>> be available through uris, and on when this specification will be
>> available? (is it in sync, or more advanced than our work?)
>>
>> In addition to what you mentioned, and to give a chance to my previous
>> proposal (I don't fight for it, but like its simplicity), may I
>> suggest the use of RDF triples to declare "redundant" sawsdl files
>> meant to be merged/combined to a reference WSDL
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/spec/wsdl/order
>> sawsdl:merge
>> http://some.other.partial.sawsdl/order
>>
>> or maybe the opposite way
>>
>> http://some.other.partial.sawsdl/order
>> sawdl:mergeAnnotationsInto
>> http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/spec/wsdl/order
>>
>> and maybe we do not need to introduce another keyword, using
>> sawsdl:modelReference to mention that a secondary uri links to a
>> (maybe partial) file that provides annotations to the original
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/spec/wsdl/order
>> sawsdl:modelReference
>> http://some.other.partial.sawsdl/order
>>
>> I mention this just to illustrate that there might exist a life
>> between inlined annotations and component level annotations requiring
>> the use of a uri syntax. The user wanting to annotate an existing WSDL
>> or SAWSDL may find handy to just download the file, adapt it, and use
>> the combination declared using a global RDF triple. (All this without
>> officially working on external annotations, hence complying to our
> [...]

Laurent Henocque
Maître de Conférences Hdr / Associate Professor
Ecole Supérieure d'Ingénieurs de Luminy - Marseille
Laboratoire des Sciences de l'Information et des Systèmes - Marseille
tel: +33 6 83 88 20 01
http://laurent.henocque.free.fr
http://laurent.henocque.perso.esil.univmed.fr
http://www.lsis.org/~laurent_henocque.html

Clé publique open pgp / open pgp public key:
http://laurent.henocque.free.fr/0x987E183.pub.asc