Re: Scenarios for embedded annotations in WS description

From: Carine Bournez <carine@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:29:05 +0200
To: "Shi, Xuan" <xshi@GEO.WVU.edu>
Cc: "'public-ws-semann@w3.org'" <public-ws-semann@w3.org>, public-sws-ig@w3.org

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 09:54:12AM -0400, Shi, Xuan wrote:
> Below are four WSDL urls for your kind attention. All of them have the same
> function for address geocoding service. I'd be happy to see how you guys add
> semantic annotations to such different WSDLs to tell people-they are all the
> same service and function:

Xuan,
There are no semantic annotations embedded in your examples.
We are looking for scenarios where semantic annotations would be
embedded in the service description with an explanation on the need
for *embedded* rather than *external* information.

> The remaining questions is how people can dynamically invoke such service
> functions by reading the WSDL with *semantic annotations*?

This question is not in the scope of the SAWSDL WG, but the IG is the
right place for a debate (although it's maybe premature to ask for a
full-fledged solution).