issue: type of modelReference attribute?

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@deri.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:44:18 +0200
To: SAWSDL WG <public-ws-semann@w3.org>

Hi all,

going through our spec and especially the included examples, I notice
that we're currently unclear about the type of the modelReference
attribute.

In "Bottom Level Annotation..." subsection of 2.2 there's a snippet of
schema that defines modelReference as of type xs:anyURI, yet many
examples give values like rosetta:RequestPurchaseOrder which seem to be
intended as QNames, yet other examples give values like
POOntology#Receiver which seem to be meant to be relative URIs.

Technically, every QName is syntactically a URI, so we cannot have both,
we must decide if the value is URI or if it is QName. I suggest that we
go with URI.

Additionally, we might consider making the attribute type a list of URIs
so that multiple annotations are allowed - one element can be modeled
semantically both in OWL and in a different semantic language, and the
processor could choose what it supports.

Best regards,

Jacek Kopecký

--
Digital Enterprise Research Institute