W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-resource-access@w3.org > November 2010

Re: 8284

From: Tom Rutt <tom@coastin.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 11:57:43 -0500
Message-ID: <4CEAA107.2050703@coastin.com>
To: Gilbert Pilz <gilbert.pilz@oracle.com>
CC: david.snelling@uk.fujitsu.com, dug@us.ibm.com, public-ws-resource-access@w3.org
On 11/22/2010 11:52 AM, Gilbert Pilz wrote:
also +1
> +1
>
> On 11/21/2010 3:48 AM, david.snelling@uk.fujitsu.com wrote:
>> Doug,
>>
>> That makes more sense to me. What do other folks think?
>>
>> Take care:
>>
>>     Dr. David Snelling<  David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com>
>>     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited
>>     Hayes Park Central
>>     Hayes End Road
>>     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE
>>     Reg. No. 4153469
>>
>>     +44-7590-293439 (Mobile)
>>
>> ________________________________________
>> From: Doug Davis [dug@us.ibm.com]
>> Sent: 20 November 2010 13:46
>> To: Dave Snelling
>> Cc:public-ws-resource-access@w3.org
>> Subject: RE: 8284
>>
>> I guess if people would prefer we could add this:
>> Implementations of this specification MUST conform to the corrected version of WSDL as defined by the 'WSDL Correction' sections of WS-I Basic Profile 1.2 [BP1.2]<http://ws-i.org/profiles/BasicProfile-1.2-2010-11-09.html#wsdlcorrections>  and WS-I Basic Profile 2.0 [BP2.0].
>> in the Compliance section.  And then in the bibliography section add two references to BP1.2 and BP2.0 as normal stand-alone entries.  So, no "Note:" in there at all.
>>
>> thanks
>> -Doug
>> ______________________________________________________
>> STSM |  Standards Architect  |  IBM Software Group
>> (919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |dug@us.ibm.com
>> The more I'm around some people, the more I like my dog.
>>
>>
>> <david.snelling@uk.fujitsu.com>
>> Sent by:public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org
>>
>> 11/20/2010 07:17 AM
>>
>>
>> To
>>          Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS,<public-ws-resource-access@w3.org>
>> cc
>>
>> Subject
>>          RE: 8284
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Doug,
>>
>> The text looks fine and it says what it needs to. I just wonder about burying the "MUST" in a reference. It is in the list of normative references, so I guess it won't be missed by careful readers. Just wondering if we should put the requirement somewhere more prominent.
>>
>>
>> Take care:
>>
>>    Dr. David Snelling<  David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com>
>>    Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited
>>    Hayes Park Central
>>    Hayes End Road
>>    Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE
>>    Reg. No. 4153469
>>
>>    +44-7590-293439 (Mobile)
>>
>> ________________________________________
>> From:public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org  [public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Doug Davis [dug@us.ibm.com]
>> Sent: 19 November 2010 21:53
>> To:public-ws-resource-access@w3.org
>> Subject: 8284
>>
>> All,
>>   I updated the WSDL11 references in all of the specs per issue 8284 - please look over the changes to make sure its ok.
>> Here's how it now looks:
>>
>> WSDL11
>> W3C Note, "Web Services Description Language (WSDL) 1.1"<http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/NOTE-wsdl-20010315>  , E. Christensen, et al., Editors. World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), 15 March 2001 Available athttp://www.w3.org/TR/2001/NOTE-wsdl-20010315.
>> Note: implementations of this specification MUST conform to the corrected version of WSDL as defined by the 'WSDL Correction' sections of WS-I Basic Profile 1.2<http://ws-i.org/profiles/BasicProfile-1.2-2010-11-09.html#wsdlcorrections>  and WS-I Basic Profile 2.0<http://ws-i.org/profiles/BasicProfile-2.0-2010-11-09.html#wsdlcorrections>  .
>>
>> thanks
>> -Doug
>> ______________________________________________________
>> STSM |  Standards Architect  |  IBM Software Group
>> (919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |dug@us.ibm.com
>> The more I'm around some people, the more I like my dog.
>> ______________________________________________________________________
>> This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
>> For more information please visithttp://www.messagelabs.com/email
>> ______________________________________________________________________
>> ______________________________________________________________________
>>
>> Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited
>> Hayes Park Central, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8FE
>> Registered No. 4153469
>>
>> This e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of addressee(s) and
>> may contain information which is privileged and confidential. Unauthorised
>> use or copying for disclosure is strictly prohibited. The fact that this
>> e-mail has been scanned by Trendmicro Interscan does not guarantee that
>> it has not been intercepted or amended nor that it is virus-free.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ______________________________________________________________________
>> This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
>> For more information please visithttp://www.messagelabs.com/email
>> ______________________________________________________________________
>> ______________________________________________________________________
>>
>>   Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited
>>   Hayes Park Central, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8FE
>>   Registered No. 4153469
>>
>>   This e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of addressee(s) and
>>   may contain information which is privileged and confidential. Unauthorised
>>   use or copying for disclosure is strictly prohibited. The fact that this
>>   e-mail has been scanned by Trendmicro Interscan does not guarantee that
>>   it has not been intercepted or amended nor that it is virus-free.
>>
>>


-- 
----------------------------------------------------
Tom Rutt	email: tom@coastin.com; trutt@us.fujitsu.com
Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133
Received on Monday, 22 November 2010 16:58:23 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Saturday, 18 December 2010 18:18:31 GMT