Re: issue 6435: v7 of the WS-Eventing state tables

Gilbert Pilz <gilbert.pilz@oracle.com> wrote on 01/25/2010 07:54:52 PM:
> - Expiration/Renewing box for Sink: this one I'm unsure of.  It
> seems to me that until the RenewResponse message is received by the
> sink then it needs to assume that the timer wasn't reset so going
> into the End state would be a better choice.
>
> That makes sense, but then you have to make sure that the
> RenewResponse/End cell takes you back to [Active]. That is if you
> send a Renew request, then your local expiration timer goes off,
> then you get a RenewResponse, you have to consider the Subscription
> to be "Active".

was looking over the changes to the state table for this one - and I
understand what that box is implying but I think it might be a bit
dangerous
to have a subscription go from End to Active.  How long does a sink
need to keep a subscription around waiting for a missing RenewResponse?
I think it might be better to take a simpler approach and say that
once a subscription is dead, its dead.  If a client really cared about it
then it would have sent the Renew request sooner or given a longer expires
time originally.

-Doug