Issue 8176: proposal

From: Doug Davis <dug@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:06:47 -0500
To: public-ws-resource-access@w3.org
Proposal:
WS-Eventing:
In sections 4.2 (Renew), 4.3 (GetStatus), 4.4 (Unsubscribe) replace:
        If the subscription is not active, the request MUST fail and the
subscription manager MAY generate a wse:UnknownSubscription fault.
with:
        If the request message reaches a conformat implemention of
WS-Eventing and the message refers to an unknown subscription, then the
implemention MUST generate a wse:UnknownSubscription fault.

Fix the definition of UnknownSubscription fault since we bounce between
'active' and 'known' and people might wonder what's the diff:
        UnknownSubscription
        This fault is generated when a request specifies a subscription
that is not known.
        [Code]  s12:Sender
        [Subcode]       wse:UnknownSubscription
        [Reason]        the subscription is not known.
        [Detail]        none

Basically, s/active/known/g

In WS-Transfer:
Define an UnknownResource fault:
        UnknownResource
        This fault is generated when a request specifies a resource that
is not known.
        [Code]  s12:Sender
        [Subcode]       wst:UnknownResource
        [Reason]        the resource is not known.
        [Detail]        none

And add to Get, Put and Delete:
        If the request message reaches a conformat implemention of
WS-Transfer and the message refers to an unknown resource, then the
implementation MUST generate a wst:UnknownResource fault.

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com