RE: 8183 updates

I agree.

From: public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org [mailto:public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Doug Davis
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 2:21 PM
To: public-ws-resource-access@w3.org
Subject: 8183 updates

All,
  as I was doing the updates for 8183 I noticed that the new text we're adding isn't quite right.  We agreed to this:
If an implementation that performs schema validation on a presented representation detects that the presented representation is invalid for the target resource, then the implementation MUST use the fault code wst:InvalidRepresentation.

However, this text never actually says that a fault MUST be generated.  I tweaked the text to now read:
If an implementation that performs schema validation on a presented representation detects that the presented representation is invalid for the target resource, then the implementation MUST generate a wst:InvalidRepresentation fault.

Hopefully everyone is ok with this minor tweak. If not, please let me know.

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com<mailto:dug@us.ibm.com>