Re: MetadataSection in WS-Eventing - Issue 10376

Hello,

On 2010-08-18 Gilbert Pilz wrote:
>   Doug,
>
> Your changes look good. The whole "disambiguate the Notification WSDL
> from other WSDL docs" problem is just another strike against
> Notification WSDLs as far as I am concerned . . .

As an outsider (since I am not in the RA-WG) in the first place I did
not see the reasons why you specify two solutions: Notification WSDLs
and EventDescriptions. In addition, for me it is not clear why a wrapped
and an unwrapped notification exist. These redundancies increase the
complexity for interoperable implementations only, don't they?

 From the phrase "is just another strike against Notification WSDLs" I
can assume that there exists a longer discussion. Can you point me to
any results of that? I am interested in it, because I am currently
considering how to provide metadata about SOAP-over-UDP multicast "events".

Stephan