Fw: WS-Eventing, WS-MetadataExchange, WS-Event-Description remarks

All,
  Stephan's suggested that we change our references so that they point to
the HTML versions of the specs instead of doc or pdf.  It seems reasonable
to me but then I realized that in some cases the .doc version is the
"authoritative" version.  Do people think it would be an issue to refer to
the html version in these cases?  Still seems ok to me but I didn't want
to do it w/o checking with the group first.

Also, in some cases I can't seem to find any html version (e.g.
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/v1.1/wss-v1.1-spec-os-SOAPMessageSecurity.pdf
) so for those we might not be able to point to an HTML version.

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com
----- Forwarded by Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM on 08/06/2010 03:00 PM -----

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: public-ws-resource-access-comments-request@w3.org
08/04/2010 10:43 PM

Stephan Poehlsen <poehlsen@itm.uni-luebeck.de>
cc
public-ws-resource-access-comments@w3.org
Subject
Re: WS-Eventing, WS-MetadataExchange, WS-Event-Description remarks

Stephan - thanks for the thorough review.  See comments below
and look at the latest editor's copies to see the edits.
-Doug

Stephan wrote on 08/04/2010 11:29:02 AM:

> Hello,
>
> while reading the current version of different ws-ra specs (30 March
> 2010) I have got a few remarks:
>

> WS-Eventing
>
> - Reference: I think it is better to link to the HTML version of other
> specifications (such as WS-MakeConnection) than Word or PDF documents.
> Especially when reading the ws-eventing spec in an Internet browser.

Will do this for all specs - not finished yet though.

> - Example 2-1: use urn:uuid:... instead of uuid:... for MessageID in
> line 11 and all following messageIDs and corresponding RelatesTo. A far
> as I know this is the typical version of MessageIDs. See
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4122 and
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-dd/issues/WSDDIssues.xml#i050

Fixed for all specs.

> - Typo in 4.2: "message" occurs twice in "The Renew request message
> message MUST be of the following form:"

Fixed

> - Table 5-2 (Subscription Manager Action Table): In the "Unsubscribe
> Request [msg]" it is not sufficient to "Send UnsubscribeResponse" only.
> The subscription should be invalidated before.

Fixed.

> Section A.1 last sentence: GED is not introduced in this document. It is

> only known from the ws-event-description spec (section 4.1).

Fixed

> WS-MetadataExchange:
>
> - Section 8.2 first box: indentation of "<wsa:Metadata>" wrong

can't seem to find this one - can you elaborate a bit?  or perhaps its
already been fixed?

> - Example 8-6 line 04: typo in "RerenceParameters" and in line 08:
"wmlns"

Can't find this one either - appears to be fixed already.

> - Example 9-1 line 14-15: Would it be better to use from the
> ws-event-descriptions spec example 4-1 line 12-14 with the following
> attributes: name="WindReportEvent" element="ow:WindReport"
> actionURI="http://www.example.org/oceanwatch/2003/WindReport"? There is
> no context between WindReport and StockQoute. In case of modifications
> the following paragraphs have to be updated (<sq:Quote>, line number)

Fixed

> - Section 9, second grey box (the one after example 9-1): misses a line
> 19 with the closing policy tag. Maybe name it example 9-2. For me it is
> not clear, why the first box is named example 9-1 and the following do
> not have "names" to reference.

Fixed

> - Section 9, last grey box (third): in the closing notifyTo the "to" is
> missing

Fixed

> - Example 12-2 line 05: a trailing slash in the start tag

Already fixed.

> WS-Event-Description:
>
> - example 4-3 line 03: typo "EventDescritions"

Fixed