RE: 8832 - repeating text

From: Ram Jeyaraman <Ram.Jeyaraman@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 20:52:42 +0000
To: Doug Davis <dug@us.ibm.com>, "public-ws-resource-access@w3.org" <public-ws-resource-access@w3.org>
OK.

From: public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org [mailto:public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Doug Davis
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 5:33 AM
To: public-ws-resource-access@w3.org
Subject: 8832 - repeating text

While adding the resolution of 8832 to wseventing I noticed that we now repeat ourselves.  In section 4 we now say:
        When processing a Renew, GetStatus or Unsubscribe operation, a Subscription Manager MUST generate
        an wse:UnknownSubscription fault if it determines that the subscription is invalid.

We also say this same thing in Renew, GetStatus and Unsubscribe:
        If the request message reaches a conformant implementation of WS-Eventing and the message refers to
        an unknown subscription, then the implemention MUST generate a wse:UnknownSubscription fault.

Seems a bit redundant.  Is there any objection to removing duplicate text from Renew, GetStatus and Unsubscribe as an editorial task?

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com<mailto:dug@us.ibm.com>