From: public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org [mailto:public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Doug Davis
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 8:21 PM
To: public-ws-resource-access@w3.org
Subject: Editorial alignments

All,
  I noticed some inconsistencies between the specs.

1) the ordering of the sections in "Terminology and Notation" differed, so made them all align with this order:
Terminology and Notation
   2.1 Notational Conventions
   2.2 Considerations on the Use of Extensibility Points
   2.4 Terminology
   2.3 Compliance
   2.5 XML Namespaces
Note: not all specs have all sections.

2) 3 of the 7 specs have the 'Composable Architecture' section.  And there are two variants of it.
Mex:
The Web services specifications (WS-*) are designed to be composed with each other to provide a rich set of tools for the Web services environment. This specification specifically relies on other Web services specifications to provide secure, reliable, and/or transacted message delivery and to express Web service metadata.

Eventing/EVD:
By using the XML, SOAP [SOAP11], [SOAP12], and WSDL [WSDL11]  extensibility models, the Web service specifications (WS-*) are designed to be composed with each other to provide a rich set of tools to provide security in the Web services environment. This specification specifically relies on other Web service specifications to provide secure, reliable, and/or transacted message delivery and to express Web service and client policy.
(But evd doesn't include the last sentence since it doesn't define any operations).

I think we either need to remove this section from Mex, Eventing and EVD, or pick one variant and add it to the other 4 specs.  I have a preference for adding the Eventing/EVD variant to the other 4 specs.

3) in some specs we say:
        A non-normative copy of the XML schema is listed below for convenience.
in others we say:
        A non-normative copy of the XML Schema description is listed below for convenience.
I'd like to change it to match the first one, "XML schema" instead of "XML Schema description", in all specs.

Any objection to me doing edits #2 and #3 as editorial changes?

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com<mailto:dug@us.ibm.com>