Re: WS-Fragment uploaded

From: Doug Davis <dug@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 09:40:28 -0400
To: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Cc: David Snelling <David.Snelling@UK.Fujitsu.com>, public-ws-resource-access@w3.org, public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org
Nope - both are updating am existing resource.  Slightly different
instructions for how to do it, but its still updating an existing
resource.
But it this way...ignoring frag, if I have a resource of the form:
<foo/>
and I do a T.Put() with:
<foo>
  <bar/>
</foo>
did I just do a T.Create()?  No, I updated an existing resource.  The fact
that in the process I inserted a new element has no impact the fact that
I'm still doing an Update/Put. All that's different with frag is that I'm
using a less verbose syntax to do it.

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Sent by: public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org
09/29/2009 09:35 AM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
David Snelling <David.Snelling@UK.Fujitsu.com>,
public-ws-resource-access@w3.org
Subject
Re: WS-Fragment uploaded

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Doug Davis wrote:

> Yves wrote:
>> Adding an axis in FragPut to do FragCreate and FragDelete doesn't seem
>> be a good story to tell if you want to keep things simple and
>> understandable by mere mortals.
>
> FragPut does not do a FragCreate and FragDelete, FragPut is used to
> update an existing resource.

Well FragPut with @mode Remove _is_ a FragDelete.
      FragPut with @mode Insert _is_ a FragCreate.

         ~~Yves