Re: draft 3 of WS-Eventing state tables

I don't think these tables define "internal states" so much as
"expectation states" with regards to the messages that the consumer and
the provider can expect to send and receive. For example, an Event
Source cannot expect to send a successful wse:Unsubscribe message for a
Subscription unless that Subscription is in the "Created" state.

The information in these tables is supposed to duplicate the information
that is contained in the normative text of the spec but present it in a
manner that can be easily consumed by developers. A desired side-effect
of the process of constructing these state tables is to flush out any
areas where the spec is unclear about the effects of particular
messages. For example, if a Subscriber sends a wse:Unsubscribe message
and receives a wse:EventSourceUnableToProcess fault in response, what is
the state of the Subscription in question? Again, by "state" I mean
"What messages can the Subscriber/Event Sink expect to send and receive
in relation to this Subscription?" Can it assume that Notifications for
this Subscription will continue to be transmitted by the Event Source?

- gp