RE: [issue 6432] - a modest proposal

> Its only easy and works in the most simple, basic, non-extensbile, limiting, non-future-looking, put-your-customer-into-a-tiny-box-and-throw-away-the-key cases.

Doug,
I assume the above comment is directed at the many partners who have successfully implemented, tested and interop'ed with Eventing (using mode) in the real world, using the scenarios they require to do business.  There are currently 100's of different implementations and millions of users successfully using Eventing with "mode".  There is no justification for any of the above statements.

To turn things around, how many implementations of your proposed method for Eventing are there at present?  How much interop testing has there been?  Where is the proof that your proposal works in an interoperable way for Eventing scenarios?

BTW: No one is suggesting that RM should be a mode, Doug.

Regards,
Geoff