Re: [issue 6432] - a modest proposal

I am not sure how easy it is.
If the "OPTIONAL" fault behavior is implemented, then, sure there is a
list of possible behaviors, but if it is not, then how do you guess?,
keep trying each behavior you know about in sequence?
Seems like a restaurant without a menu.
I would like an omelet
-fault-
I would like a salad
-fault-
how about a milk shake?
-fault-

I would prefer going in that it was an Ice-cream shop
Flavors?
<flavors>
<vanilla/>
<chocolate/>
<rumRaisin/>
</flavors>

I then would be assured that in only one exchange I would find out if
there were any flavors I like.
-bob

On May 14, 2009, at 7:53 PM, Geoff Bullen wrote:

-- snip --
> Mode allows a way to “select” from among a set of conflicting
> alternatives easily.
>
> --G

-- snip a whole lot of thread deleted --