RE: issue 6712: updated proposal

Asir,

Quite true. Yet, what you fail to point out is that the text following
that which you quoted goes on to say:
"and MAY contain the literal initial resource representation, a
representation of the constructor for the resource, or other instructions
for creating the resource."

Which brings us back to Doug's issue. There is nothing here that says that
a service cannot accommodate all of these in a single implementation. The
question then becomes how to distinguish between them.

Again, this is the duality of which I previously wrote.

In the context of HTTP, the entity body of the HTTP POST message is given
a type by means of a media type, which, in turn, informs the
recipient of the sender's intent.

If one sends an application/soap+xml then the message is governed by SOAP
processing rules as prescribed by SOAP1.2. If one sends the
same literal representation as text/plain, or application/octet-streatm,
then it is clear that the sender did not intend SOAP processing to be
applied, but rather that it be treated as plain old text or a bag of
octets.

Quoting sentence fragments out of context to support a technical argument
only tells part of the story.

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
IBM Distinguished Engineer, CTO Industry Standards
IBM Software Group, Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris

phone: +1 508 234 2986