RE: Suggested Wording to Resolve Issues 6719 and 6720

It is not the usual case but possible.

Just like the HTTP Get response, the Transfer Get response is at most subject to the "best efforts" of the hosting server.

From: Doug Davis [mailto:dug@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 1:14 PM
To: Asir Vedamuthu
Cc: public-ws-resource-access@w3.org
Subject: RE: Suggested Wording to Resolve Issues 6719 and 6720

Are you suggesting that an EPR in a mex:MetadataSection@Dialect=WSDL section can return xsd instead of WSDL in response to a t.Get()?

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Asir Vedamuthu <asirveda@microsoft.com>
Sent by: public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org

07/24/2009 04:00 PM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

cc

"public-ws-resource-access@w3.org" <public-ws-resource-access@w3.org>

Subject

RE: Suggested Wording to Resolve Issues 6719 and 6720

It should be noted that the state maintenance of a metadata resource is at most subject to the "best efforts" of the hosting server. The hosting server may change the representation of a resource, may remove a resource entirely, or may bring back a resource that was deleted. And, a metadata resource state may evolve over time.

So, there aren't any grounds to impose any state maintenance related MUST requirements on a metadata resource.

Regards,

Asir S Vedamuthu
Microsoft Corporation