RE: Suggested Wording to Resolve Issues 6719 and 6720

For any _one_ metadata resource it always returns the same QName
(Dialect). In other words, a metadata resource that returns WSDL today
will not return Policy tomorrow.  There is no optionality about it.   The
text is:
   As a result, the metadata returned by the Get request to a metadata
resource's endpoint may be limited to a particular metadata type
(@Dialect) and identifier (@Identifier).
When would the metadata from a T.Get() _not_ be limited to a particular
dialect?  If its WSDL today and WSDL tomorrow, when would it ever return
metadata from a different dialect?

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Asir Vedamuthu <asirveda@microsoft.com>
07/24/2009 02:00 PM

"ashok.malhotra@oracle.com" <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>, Doug
Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
"public-ws-resource-access@w3.org" <public-ws-resource-access@w3.org>,
"public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org"
<public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org>
Subject
RE: Suggested Wording to Resolve Issues 6719 and 6720

+1 to Ashok. This is an attempt to clarify.

Read your comment on MAY. We simply do not understand why the MAY should
be changed to MUST. The WS-MetadataExchange does not impose any such
limitations on a metadata resource.

Regards,

Asir S Vedamuthu
Microsoft Corporation