Re: [Team 6401]: concrete proposal using NotificationDescriptions

Attached is an update to my previous proposal. The substance is the same
but the concepts, elements, etc. have been changed to reflect our
current terminology in which an Event Source issues "Notifications"
(one-way SOAP messages in various formats) about "Events" (occurrences
of some incident or event the details of which are expressed in XML).
"Notification Type" is now "Event Type", "NotificationDescriptions" is
now "EventDescriptions", etc. I believe that this rewording and the
terminology changes that motivated it help to clarify the following points:

    * Events have types that are relatively open ended (basically
      anything you can describe in XML Schema). Notifications have
      formats (e.g. Raw or Wrapped) that must be described by a
      specification or profile.
    * Regardless of the format of the Notification message used to
      transmit the information about an Event, the type of an Event
      remains constant.

- gp