From: Geoff Bullen [mailto:Geoff.Bullen@microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 10:40 AM
To: Chou, Wu (Wu); Doug Davis
Cc: public-ws-resource-access@w3.org;
public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org
Subject: RE: WS-Eventing issue 6424 proposal

Wu,

If we are going to use your example of Infoset usage as a template for
all specifications, then we have the following suggestions:

1)

Suggest property template wording to go from:

This optional element conveys the [endto endpoint] property.

To be:

This OPTIONAL element (of type wsa:EndpointReferenceType) provides the
value for the [endto endpoint]  property.

This involves changing the XML definition to match as well (it is
currently "endpoint-reference").  Mostly the XML definitions are
correct.

Wu: This looks good.

2)

There is no need to define standard addressing headers again here in the
Eventing spec (like wsa:To).  Thus [event source] is not required.

Wu: [event source] and "wsa:To" are critically required (see comment
above).

3)

Infoset property names should be the same as the associated XML element
names.  Thus it should be: [endto] not [endto endpoint].

Wu: We agree with this principle.

4)

There should be a description associated with each Infoset property
definition.

This suggests a few basic principles:

a.      Don't redefine standard headers (avoid duplication)

Wu: Same comment as item 2.

b.      Use the name of the element as the name of the Infoset property
(don't reinvent names)

Wu: Same as item 3.

c.      All Infoset properties should be defined and have descriptions

Wu: It has already been provided in the subscription template.

d.      The mapping from Infoset to XML representation should also
contain appropriate description and make it as clear as possible what is
happening.

Wu: We follow the convention of Infers and XML definition by providing
Infoset and the concrete XML mapping template. We should avoid adding
words, since it is verbose and not precise.

e.      Make sure to use valid types (like wsa:EndpointReferenceType) in
all definitions Infoset and XML.

Wu: Agree and will do a check.

Are there more principles that we have missed?

--Geoff