Re: ref to member submission

SOAP is a bit of special case - plus they actually talk about the member
submission in the body of the doc so that reference doesn't seem as
unnatural to me.

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Sent by: public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org
02/04/2009 08:27 AM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
public-ws-resource-access@w3.org
Subject
Re: ref to member submission

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, Doug Davis wrote:

> Bob,
>  as I was doing the edits we talked about on yesterday's call I paused
on
> adding the reference to the member submission to the bibliography
section.
> As I was adding it I couldn't figure out what it would mean to a new
> reader of the spec.  Are we promoting it and asking people to use it for
> some purpose?  I'm worried that it will be confusing and send the wrong
> message.  I checked our favorite examples (WSA and WSPolicy) and neither
> of those include these kinds of references.  If we want to have a trail
> that leads back to the member submissions then I think putting it in the
> "previous version" link would be more appropriate.  Then people can
follow
> our versions thru history and eventually end up at the member
submission.

SOAP did link informatively to SOAP 1.1 [1], "previous version" links are
only for W3C produced documents, so the member submission won't qualify
for that.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-part1/#nonnormrefs