RE: Issue 8164: proposal

The 2nd sentence was added to try to address Wu's concerns that he
mentioned during the call yesterday.  What if we soften it a bit by
removing the normative words:
Note: as an optimization, a subscriber might want to consider using the
same WS-MakeConnection Anonymous URI in both the NotifyTo and EndTo EPRs
to allow the same MakeConnection message to be used to transmit either
notifications or a SubscriptionEnd message.

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Ram Jeyaraman <Ram.Jeyaraman@microsoft.com>
12/09/2009 06:36 PM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, "public-ws-resource-access@w3.org"
<public-ws-resource-access@w3.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Issue 8164: proposal

Ø  A subscription manager MAY choose to support mechanisms, such as the
[WS-MakeConnection] specification, to enable delivery of notifications and
the SubscriptionEnd message to non-addressable endpoints.

This looks good.

Ø  Note: as an optimization, a subscriber SHOULD consider using the same
WS-MakeConnection Anonymous URI in both the NotifyTo and EndTo EPRs to
allow the same MakeConnection message to be used to transmit either
notifications or a SubscriptionEnd message.

Since there are valid situations that may require using different
WS-MakeConnection Anonymous URIs in the NotifyTo and EndTo EPRs, the
specification need not restrict the usage. Hence, I suggest deleting this
sentence.

Thanks.

A subscription manager MAY choose to support mechanisms, such as the
[WS-MakeConnection] specification, to enable delivery of notifications to
non-addressable endpoints.
to:
A subscription manager MAY choose to support mechanisms, such as the
[WS-MakeConnection] specification, to enable delivery of notifications and
the SubscriptionEnd message to non-addressable endpoints. Note: as an