Proposal for Issue 6700

From: Li, Li (Li) <lli5@avaya.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 10:46:41 -0400
To: <public-ws-resource-access@w3.org>
Cc: <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>

This proposal is based on the consensus between Ashok, Wu and Gil. To
complete the Infoset description for WS-Eventing, we propose to just add
the following text at the end of "Section 3.1 Notational Conventions" of
WS-Eventing, instead of following the approach taken by 6424:

---
This specification is defined in terms of XML Information Set (Infoset)
and not in terms of XML 1.0, even though the specification uses XML 1.0
terminology. A mapping from XML to Infoset is straightforward as
described below, and it is recommended that this should be used for any
non-XML serializations.

XML documents map to Infoset Document Information Items.  XML Elements
map to Infoset Element Information Items (EIIs) and attributes map to
Infoset Attribute Information Items (AIIs).  The *children* property of
an Element Information Item (EII) is a collection of EIIs corresponding
to its Element Children.  The *attributes* property of an EII is a
collection of AIIs corresponding to its attributes.

See the Infoset specification [http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/] for
more details.
---

We hope this proposal can be applied to related issues 6701-6704 as
well, by adding the above text to the "Notational Conventions" section
of each corresponding spec.

Li Li