Policy durections

From: ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 07:40:48 -0700
To: "public-ws-resource-access@w3.org" <public-ws-resource-access@w3.org>
During the discussion of Enum policy on Thursday we seem to have agreed
on 2 principles.  Since these were not
called out explicitly, I thought I would send a note calling them out to
see if we can get the WG to bless them as
general principles applicable to all the specs.

1. Endpoint policy is contained within the Metadata child of the EPR as
recommended by WS-Addressing

<wsa:EndpointReference>
   <wsa:Address>xs:anyURI</wsa:Address>
   <wsa:ReferenceParameters>xs:any*</wsa:ReferenceParameters>
   <wsa:Metadata>
     *( <wsp:Policy ...> ... </wsp:Policy> |
         <wsp:PolicyReference ...> ... </wsp:PolicyReference> )?*
   </wsa:Metadata>
</wsa:EndpointReference>

2. In WS-RA the use of Policy is primarily to indicate Endpoint
capabilities.
To allow domain independent processing, each capability MUST be
indicated by a
policy assertion with a unique QName i.e. the assertion QName indicates
the capability.

--
All the best, Ashok